1. SIMPLE & EFFORTLESS: The Transcendental Meditation technique is the simplest form of meditation. It requires no effort or aptitude - children as young as 5 do it without difficulty.
2. EASY TO LEARN: You will be doing TM successfully from the very day you learn. After attending an Introductory Talk, you learn in four 90-minute sessions on consecutive days outside working hours. You commence your twice daily practice at home from Day One, and the benefits build up as you continue regularly.
3. UNIQUE: Transcendental Meditation really is fundamentally different from other systems of meditation and relaxation. It is not mind-control, concentration or philosophy. It's not trying to be mindful.
4. NUMEROUS IMMEDIATE BENEFITS: The benefits of the Transcendental Meditation technique are immediate and increase over time. You become more aware in life and less affected by stress — everyday growing in comprehension, clarity and inner happiness — unfolding deeper values of your potential as a human being.
5. DEVELOPS THE TOTAL BRAIN: Brain research shows that the Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique provides the experience of restful alertness, which reduces stress, strengthens communication between the brain's prefrontal cortex and different areas of the brain, and develops total brain functioning.
6. REDUCES STRESS AND PREVENTS HEART DISEASE: Hundreds of published research confirms that the twice-daily practise of TM: reduces activation of the sympathetic nervous system—which, in turn, dilates the blood vessels and reduces stress hormones, such as adrenaline, noradrenaline, and cortisol, and provides stress relief; reduces high blood pressure; reduces atherosclerosis; reduces constriction of blood vessels; reduces thickening of coronary arteries; reduces use of antihypertensive medication and reduces mortality rates.
Transcendental Meditation provides access to the profound silence of the inner self that is deep inside everyone. With regular practise, the peacefulness and bliss of that inner experience is naturally integrated into daily living leading to an enlightened life with a fully developed heart, mind and soul.
8. NOT A RELIGION OR LIFESTYLE: The Transcendental Meditation technique is not a religion or philosophy and involves no change in lifestyle. The practice does not conflict with any existing beliefs, religious or otherwise. In fact, you can be thoroughly skeptical and the technique will still be fully effective.
9. SYSTEMATIC INSTRUCTION: The Transcendental Meditation technique is taught by certified teachers through a systematic course of personalized instruction and includes extensive followup and support, ensuring that everyone who learns gains maximum benefit.
10. NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION: The Transcendental Meditation technique is taught through a nonprofit, tax-exempt educational organization. The organization's goal is to develop the full potential of the individual, minimize the negative impact of collective stress, and bring unrestricted and fulfilling progress to all areas of society.